In this paper, I examine the responses of 154 tourists in relation to their predisposition to purchase and the patterns and habits that are usually decisive in the decision making process regarding tourism services or products. For this research, I conducted a selective direct research, whose purpose was to obtain a segmentation of consumers who purchase tourism services based on specific dimensions of behavior. This research also implied studying the behavior of current and potential customers who purchase travel services depending on several variables for establishing different consumption habits. Thus, to establish a more detailed image of the tourists who participated in this direct and selective research, the analysis involved a factor analysis and a cluster analysis.
JEL Classification M31, M21
- Dibb, S., Simkin, L., Pride, W.M. and Ferrell, O.C., 2001. Marketing Concepts and Strategies. 4th European edition. NY: Houghton-Mifflin.
- Fields, A., 2005. Discovering Statistics Using SPSS, Second Edition. NJ: Sage Publications
- Kolb B., 2008. Tourism Marketing for cities and towns: Using branding and events to attract tourists. Oxford: Elsevier Inc.
- Kotler, P., Bowen, J.T., Makens, J.C., 2013. Marketing for Hospitality and Tourism: International Edition – 6th Edition, Harlow, England: Pearson Prentice Hall Publishing
- Mahika E., 2011. Current trends in tourist motivation., Cactus Tourism Journal, Vol. 2, Issue 2., pp. 15-24
- Malhotra, N. K.; Birks, D. F., 2007. Marketing Research- An Applied Approach, Harlow, England: Pretince Hall.
- Middleton, V.T.C., Clarke, J., 2001. Marketing for Travel and Tourism – 3rd Edition. Oxford: Butterworth-Heinemann.
- Morrison, A.M., 2013. Marketing and Managing Tourism Destinations, NJ: Routledge.
- Page S., Connel J., 2006. Tourism: A Modern Synthesis – 2nd Edition, London: Thomson Learning
- Pike S., 2013. Destination Marketing, NJ: Routledge,
- Schiffman L., Lazar Kanuk L., 2009, Consumer Behavior – 9th Edition, New Jersey: Pearson Prentice Hall Publishing
- Swarbrooke, J., Beard, C., Leckie, S., Pomfret, G., 2003. Adeventure Tourism- The New Frontier. Oxford: Butterwork-Heinemann.
- Swarbrooke, J., Horner, S., 2007. Consumer Behaviour in Tourism – 2nd Edition, Oxford: Butterworth Heinemann.
- Swarbrooke, J.S. 1995. Sustainable tourism and the development and regeneration of rural regions in Europe: A marketing approach. In Proceedings of the ‘Expert Meeting on Sustainability in Tourism and Leissure’(G. Richards,ed.), Tilburg University Pressterworth-Heinemann
- Swarbrooke, J.S., 1999. The development and Management of Visitor Attractions. Oxford: Butterworth-Heinemann